Senior Product Manager
First Product Manager at Category Defining Startup with Fresh Seed Funding
WorkPatterns is the modern manager’s toolkit. We’re improving workplace relationships with a framework for better 1:1s, AI-assisted feedback, and simplified goal setting. We help all managers become great managers by improving team performance, job satisfaction, and morale.
Our product is already making an impact by helping teams adapt to new hybrid work environments. We have over 300 paying customers including teams at Apple, Nike, Panasonic, Peloton, and many more.
We are a small and nimble team of experienced entrepreneurs, technical talent, and product minds. We’ve focused from our founding in 2018 on developing our own flexible hybrid work system, well before it was “cool.” We’re primarily remote, but meet in person for quarterly onsites in great spots like San Francisco, Los Angeles and have plans to expand to exciting destinations like Mexico City, Costa Rica, and others. This structure allows us to keep meetings to a minimum so people can focus on deep work, and set their schedules around when and where they work best.
About the Role
This is a rare opportunity to join the team as the first PM hire of a seed-funded startup reporting directly to the CEO.
As the first PM hire, you’ll be central to defining our priorities, guiding execution, and synthesizing feedback. You’ll work closely with design, engineering and our customers to create a product that people love. In a typical quarter, you may be responsible for:
- Talking to customers, understanding their needs, and gathering insights
- Owning product analytics and defining success metrics
- Managing the roadmap through sprint planning and prioritization
- Partnering with the CEO to define product strategy and execution plans
- Partnering with the Design team to prototype, gather user feedback, and develop final designs
- Partnering with Engineering team to convert designs and specs into working code
- Making dozens of small but compounding product decisions based on your understanding of the customer and the available data
- Writing specs and product documentation to create internal alignment
- Creating product packaging, positioning & go-to market strategies
Skills and personal traits we’re seeking:
- Creative product thinker and can identify latent customer needs
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of user empathy
- Maintains a joyful demeanor through the ups and downs of startup life
- Technical chops and familiarity with modern web frameworks. Our tech stack is React/Redux, Rails, PostgreSQL.
- 6 to 8 years of experience in product management at a B2B or growth startup
- Competitive pay & substantial equity grant
- Health Insurance
- Autonomy in your work schedule
- Flexible vacation policy
- Fun team working on a hard problem