VP of Product and Engineering
VP of Product and Engineering
Are you an experienced technical leader that can think and act like a founder, but wants to join a team that already has a strong product with hundreds of happy customers and strong growth?
Do you have a track record of building and leading successful engineering teams, but still want to stay connected to coding and hands-on software development (at least initially)?
If so, we have a rare opportunity for your rare skill set!
Charma (formerly WorkPatterns) is seeking a VP of Product and Engineering to join us in a “re-founding” moment as we re-brand in the lead up to our Series A. As a key member of our leadership team, you'll be responsible for building and managing a world-class engineering team, and helping to define and execute our product strategy.
- Work closely with the CEO and other senior leaders to align the product with the company's overall vision and goals
- Provide technical vision and direction, making the final decision on architecture, frameworks, and platforms
- Build and manage a team of PMs and engineers, including hiring, mentoring, and career development
- Establish a continually improving engineering culture with stage appropriate process
- Ensure that our engineering team has the resources, tools, and guidance they need to be successful
- You’ll stay hands-on with the technology and (at least initially) contribute to the codebase directly
- 10+ years of professional experience in technical roles
- Significant experience building and leading product and/or engineering teams. Either inside a larger organization, or perhaps you previously attempted a startup yourself.
- Strong technical background, with a deep understanding of software development processes and technologies. Ruby on Rails or React experience a major plus.
- Experience defining and executing product strategy, including the ability to identify customer needs and create a product roadmap to meet those needs
- A proven track record of moving quickly and delivering high-quality products in a dynamic environment with partial information
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
The right candidate will recognize the unique opportunity this position presents. You’ll have founder-like ownership and personal fulfillment, but without having to wander in the wilderness finding product market fit and raising seed funding in this challenging market. We already have both.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please apply today!
About the company
Charma (formerly WorkPatterns) is the modern manager’s toolkit. We’re guiding workplace relationships with a framework for better 1:1s, AI-assisted feedback, and simplified goal setting. We help all managers become great managers by improving team performance, job satisfaction, and morale.
Our product is already making an impact by helping teams adapt to new hybrid work environments. We’re doubling revenue year over year and have over 400 paying customers, including teams at Amazon, Apple, Panasonic, and many more.
We are a passionate, no-ego team of experienced entrepreneurs, technical talent, and product minds. We’ve focused from our founding in 2018 on developing our own hybrid work system, well before it was “cool.” We meet in person for quarterly offsites in great places like San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego and have plans to expand to exciting destinations like Mexico City, Costa Rica, and others. The rest of the time, we work remotely, keeping meetings to a minimum so people can focus on deep work and set their schedules around when and where they work best.
We’re also fortunate to have the backing of top investors including Founders Fund, Javelin Venture Partners, Zoom, GTMFund, and Shorewind Capital.