Who we are
WorkPatterns is the modern manager’s toolkit. We’re guiding workplace relationships with a framework for better 1:1s, AI-assisted feedback, and simplified goal setting. We help all managers become great managers by improving team performance, job satisfaction, and morale.
Our product is already making an impact by helping teams adapt to new hybrid work environments. We have over 300 paying customers including teams at Apple, Nike, Panasonic, Peloton, and many more.
We are a small and nimble team of experienced entrepreneurs, technical talent, and product minds. We’ve focused from our founding in 2018 on developing our own hybrid work system, well before it was “cool.” We meet in person for quarterly offsites in great places like San Francisco, Los Angeles and have plans to expand to exciting destinations like Mexico City, Costa Rica, and others. The rest of the time, we work remotely, keeping meetings to a minimum so people can focus on deep work and set their schedules around when and where they work best.
About the role
- Own critical areas of backend functionality (Notifications, Background Workers, Integrations, Collaborative Editing)
- Implement business logic and API endpoints to support Product features, collaborating closely with Frontend developers
- Write secure, well-tested and performant code
- Architect the infrastructure powering the WorkPatterns Product as we scale to the next level
- Collaborate with product and design to improve existing features (Workspaces, Goals, Feedback & Integrations)
- Conduct code reviews for other team members and recommend changes to educate and ensure product quality.
- Contribute to our large test suite of unit and integration tests
- Tech stack: Ruby on Rails, React/Typescript, PostgreSQL, and Redis. Infrastructure is hosted on Heroku and AWS
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Strong product intuition
- At least 5 years experience building web applications
- Deep experience with Ruby on Rails
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of user empathy
- Comfortable working in a small team in a fast-paced environment. You’ll work closely with both product teams and customers to influence the product as we grow
- A bias towards simple solutions: You should be able to develop a clear understanding of a problem, assess available approaches and find the simplest solution that solves the problem
- Past experience in B2B and/or growth startup
- Past experience with SaaS billing
- DevOps experience
- Competitive pay & substantial equity grant
- Health insurance
- Autonomy and flexibility in your work schedule
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Talented team working on a hard problem and having fun along the way
- Have a huge impact and the ability to influence the direction of a category defining company