Content & Community Lead
Who we are:
WorkPatterns is the modern manager’s toolkit. We’re guiding workplace relationships with a framework for better 1:1s, AI-assisted feedback, and simplified goal setting. We help all managers become great managers by improving team performance, job satisfaction, and morale.
Our product is already making an impact by helping teams adapt to new hybrid work environments. We have over 300 paying customers including teams at Apple, Nike, Panasonic, Peloton, and many more.
We are a small and nimble team of experienced entrepreneurs, technical talent, and product minds. We’ve focused from our founding in 2018 on developing our own hybrid work system, well before it was “cool.” We meet in person for quarterly off-sites in great places like San Francisco, Los Angeles and have plans to expand to exciting destinations like Mexico City, Costa Rica, and others. The rest of the time, we work remotely, keeping meetings to a minimum so people can focus on deep work and set their schedules around when and where they work best.
About this role:
We are looking for a Content & Community Lead to drive growth & retention. This is a rare opportunity to join a well-funded startup where you’ll have autonomy to ideate and execute unique marketing initiatives.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, you’ll have an immediate tangible impact on our next stage of growth and the opportunity to work cross-functionally with engineering, product, design, sales, customer success & leadership.
What you will do:
- Develop net-new marketing initiatives, this role is creative so as a result, you’ll have the opportunity to design your day-to-day
- Validate initiatives from an experiment mindset by determining an MVP/proof of concept and iterating from there
- Own the distribution of content to our customers and externally to build brand awareness.
- Formulate and execute a community-led growth strategy that creates organic engagement and inherent growth loops for the business while providing value for participants.
- Uphold the quality of content; ensuring our opinions are consistent and opinionated.
- Participate in existing communities on behalf of WorkPatterns to build brand awareness.
Things you’ll inherit:
- Own the content calendar for our website and social media channels.
- Own and regularly engage with our CAB (customer advisory board).
- Plan, ideate and create content outlines to capitalize on target keywords, trending topics, and news that are of interest to our users - coordinating with external writers to bring these ideas to life on our digital properties.
- Work with customers and partners to develop customer marketing and co-marketing content.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience in digital marketing
- Experience creating an acquisition engine from Content and/or Community
- You want to be a part of a startup, and have an interest in product-led growth business models
- You’re a gifted storyteller and writer who thinks like a growth marketer when it comes to distribution
- You’re creative and enjoy coming up with new tactics/ideas that haven’t been tried before
- You are active on social media and use it as a distribution lever in your work
- You have a solid understanding of PR.
- You have experience working in an organization where community was a growth pillar
- Gifted communicator and storyteller: you have strong written and verbal communication skills; ready to (learn how to) write copy and develop content when needed
- A bias-to-action: we believe in progress, especially in experiments that require validation - small steps forward when added together make a difference
- Problem-solving focused: develops a clear understanding of core problems, assesses available tools and approaches, executes those that best meet the most important needs
- A collaborative doer mindset: you have an energetic and willing attitude, as a startup, we all have to wear different hats at times, we’re looking for people who care deeply about their work and want to be known for it
- Values-oriented: wants to help build a strong culture at a young high-growth startup